A hip fracture is considered a serious form of injury. It can even give rise to life-threatening complications. An orthopedic in Gurgaon says that the proneness to get affected by hip fracture increases with age as older people have their bone showing tendencies of gradual weakening because of age-induced osteoporosis.
- The intake of multiple medications, blurred vision, and balance problems also increase their likelihood of tripping and falling – one of the most commonly observed issues that lead to a hip fracture.
- As stated by an orthopedic surgeon at a joint replacement hospital in Gurgaon, a hip fracture practically at all times calls for surgical repair or replacement, and after that physical therapy.
- By taking corrective steps in maintaining bone density and avoiding falls can come to your aid in preventing a hip fracture.
- Relevant treatment for hip fracture generally encompasses surgery, medication, and rehabilitation – all combined together.
- The kind of surgery your orthopedic surgeon in Gurgaon usually recommends is based on the following factors:
- The location of the fracture
- The severity of the fracture
- Whether it’s a displaced fracture causing misalignment of bones
- Any underlying health conditions
- Your age
- The three surgical options according to the best orthopedic doctor in Gurgaon include:
1. Internal repair by utilizing screws
- In this type of surgery, the bone is held together by the insertion of metal screws.
- In the meanwhile, the fracture heals.
- At times, the screws remain affixed to a metal plate running down the femur bone.
2. Total hip replacement
- As part of a hip replacement surgery in Delhi, the upper femur bone together with the socket located in your pelvic bone is substituted by prostheses.
- Research studies show total hip replacement procedure is becoming increasingly a cost-effective treatment.
- It’s also found to provide improved outcomes in the long term in adults who are otherwise healthy and live independently.
3. Partial hip replacement
- On the off chance, the extremities of your fractured bone are damaged or dislodged your joint replacement surgeon might take away the head and neck of the femur bone.
- The void is supplanted by installing a metal replacement or prostheses.
- Doctors usually recommend partial hip replacement for adults who have:
- Other underlying health conditions
- Cognitive impairment
- Been no longer living independently
- The surgeon at an orthopedic hospital might come up with a recommendation of partial or total hip replacement when in case blood supply to the ball portion of your hip joint is disrupted in the course of the fracture.
- This unique type of injury which occurs among the elderly every so often accompanied by femoral neck fractures makes the bone less likely to restore to health in a proper way.
At Paras, a top hospital in Gurgaon experts make efficient use of trying out new treatments, interventions, and medical tests as a means to pull in the prevention, detection, treatment or management of this disease all at one place.